November 12, 2008

Getting Reviewed!

Note: While these reviews cover technological/electronic items please note that web site services and software do not have to be technology/electronics based. Since web sites run on servers and are viewed with a computer and software also runs on a computer, they can be about any topic.

You may E-mail me @ christophermichaelsnyder(at)gmail(dot)com if you have an item that you would like to have reviewed.

What do you get with a review? You get an image of the product (or screenshot for software or a Web site) at the top righthand side of the review. There will be a link to the company site or your personal site depending on who has created/programmed/released the reviewed product. I will offer links where the product can be purchased. Normally I included a link/image from my Amazon.com affiliate account but I will not do so if it is stated in the terms that you want only other purchase avenues made available. You get the feedback of my review. You get the promotion of my review. And you can read any comments left by readers of the review which could be potential feedback to help you see how others feel about your product. And you may link/use this review as you see fit as either a testimonial or another form of promotion if you see fit. Also, each post (review) in this blog is individual submitted to several blogzines, wikizines amnd blog directories which help increase visibility.

I will review items based upon firsthand experience or internet research.

Now my reviews are actual blog posts where I discuss my personal experiences with the item being reviewed. With internet research I look up all relevant information that I can including any online ratings and reviews from others that have firsthand experience. But with that I am able to report only what others have said and give an overall consensus. I cannot give specifics. Such as with hands-on experience I may mention a "negative" about a product but list why I consider it a negative and that many/most other people will not be affected by it or it may even be a positive for them. I never give cookiecutter responses such as "this sucks" or "this is awesome". I report why certain features are viewed by me as negatives and positives. A review done by internet research does not allow me to do that. A particular user may post in a blurb online that they disliked a feature. But we know nothing of them or why that was viewed as negative to them.

So firsthand experience is highly preferred. Here is some info regarding helping me give your review the personal touches gained from firsthand experience.

Devices/Products: You can E-mail me at the address posted above for directions on getting something to me to test. This will allow me to use the product and test all the features so that I can report fully on my experience. Whether it is a 'loaner' and we make plans for me to get it back to you or it is for me to keep I will use the product until I feel that I can give the best overall review possible.

Software: Contact me at the E-mail address posted above to tell me about the software you want reviewed. Let me know where I can download it or if it is available only by disc, I will direct you on how to get it to me. If your software has a registration process by which some features are disabled or it is in some other way impaired you can decide whether to allow me to 'unlock' the software or not. If not then I will mention other options that are available if the product is registered but will not be able to give the personal experience.

Web site/Digital Service: Contact me at the E-mail address posted above to tell me about your site and where it is located (URL). If your site has a registration process I will gladly go through it. In the event that the site has a paid membership which unlocks more features, if possible, you can give me access to that until I notify you that your review has been posted. At that point you can let me retain access or remove my paid membership privaleges. I can write a review without the paid membership access but I will be able to only mention other features and not give the personal experience.



Disclaimer: Please be aware that doing any of the above things do not guarantee a positive review. Whatever product/service/access you are providing for me to review isn't a "gift" to get you a 100% positive review. Unless, of course, your product is deserving of a 100% positive review.

In order for each review to hold any merit all products must be weighed/judged the same way. Even reviews that are paid for through a service such as PayPerPost will be scrutinized and a truthful and completely honest review will be rendered. Any submitter that has too little confidence in their product and would offer any 'gift' to influence my review will be denied. I would mention the 'positives' because they are accurate and correct. I would mention the negatives. And anyone that wants any negative not mentioned should look elsewhere.

But for anyone that wants to see how negatives are mentioned and handled, feel free to read through other posts.

Thank you for your interest in adding to this service!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about this product and the review itself. It will help future readers judge the value of this review. Thank you for helping!